The Lead AWS CloudOps will be working with the Platform team and focusing on AWS infrastructure and automation. A key part of the role is championing and leading infrastructure as code. You will be responsible for the implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and deployment of software.
Your mission is to embrace continuous integration/deployment in a delivery pipeline that will perform automated quality checks, deploy cloud infrastructure quickly, and provide operational tooling and metrics that can be consumed by development teams. To be successful, you will have a blend of development experience and operational experience that provides a good understanding of the developers you are working with while also balancing critical systems uptime.
- Contribute to developing continuous delivery, automation frameworks, and building pipelines to create an excellent experience for developers and customers.
- Lead and Develop DR strategy, Patching process, Cloud Security, and Data retention, provide guidance, consult AWS Best Practices and collaborate with other teams to support delivery.
- Identify and develop opportunities to improve our processes and tools for automation
- Learn new skills and help foster a continuous delivery and cloud-first mindset
- Manage your day-to-day workload and requests using agile practices as part of a team and community
- Periodic after-hours on-call support is required with over-time
- Ability to travel occasionally (up to 10% of the year)
- Experience in managing Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience using AWS foundation services (VPC, NACL, TransitGateway, EC2, ALB/NLB, RDS, etc..).
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancer, disaster recovery, high availability, etc.
- Manage and develop monthly patching, security patching, backup/restore and DR processes.
- Familiarity with at least one programming language (Python, Bash, etc.).
- Knowledge of one or more of the following AWS CloudFormation/Terraform/CDKfor infrastructure provisioning.
- Experience using Docker and container orchestration, such as ECS/EKS is a plus
- Knowledge of source control and its related concepts (Gitlab/Git flow, Trunk base, branches, etc.).
- An automation mindset with an ability to develop tooling to improve not only efficiency of repeatable tasks but also reliability and performance.
- Understanding of cloud change management practices with an awareness of compliance and security standards.
- Good skills in English and the ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with business partners and technical teams.
- Demonstrate good logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Be curious and have a self-learning attitude.
- AWS Certification DevOps/SysOps/Advance Networking Speciality.