Our goal is simple: to be a serial bank builder. To achieve this, Tyme is seeking for a Middle/Senior Java API Engineer to drive innovation and transformation by placing a heavy emphasis on the craft of software development and the adoption of engineering principles.
At the core, our business is banking, but technology is critical to serve the needs of our millions of customers and deliver on our mission of financial inclusion and literacy for the emerging markets. To achieve this goal, TYME Global has established a Centre of Excellence in Vietnam to be a world-class digital technology hub.
About our Team:
Our team is responsible for creating a brand of new digital financial platforms and apps that are highly reliable and scalable using modern engineering practices. You will join a project with talented software engineers in our Digital Bank Build team who are responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the new digital banking platform and the customer channels. As part of the team, you will be responsible for implementing software features, being involved in technical designs, and writing tests to ensure the high-quality delivery of the product. The teams operate in Scrum and DevOps models.
We’re looking for top engineers out there! During the interview process, we will test your coding and design skills to assess your experience and depth of knowledge. Don’t worry. Our interview process will be fun!
- As a backend engineer, you will be working within a specific problem where you will design, develop, and deploy backend services with a focus on scalability, high availability, and low latency.
- Drive the efficient delivery of change through analysis, definition, and documentation of requirements whilst identifying potential solutions using agile delivery frameworks.
- Solve complex technical and business problems and learn new technology and frameworks.
- Be part of a team that will take full responsibility for the features you own.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, monitor, and improve; you are responsible for the entire lifecycle of your product – build it, own it.
You will be a perfect match if your profile ticks some below items:
- A pragmatic mindset.
- Outstanding problem-solving ability, eagerness to learn, and curiosity.
- A few years of software development experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages.
- Strong database and schema design for large-scale applications.
- Adaptable attitude and personality that is ready for continuous change.
- Collaboration and culture fit in the Agile experience will be an advantage.
- Good English skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in developing distributed systems on top of micro-services architecture and event-driven architecture using Java, Spring and Spring boot, Kafka, Redis, etc., is a big plus
- Experience in AWS, Ansible, Packer, Docker, Rancher, and K8s is a big plus
- Experienced in automated testing frameworks is a plus
- Good English listening and speaking is a big plus
- Experience working in the banking and financial domain is a plus
- Meal and parking allowance are covered by the company
- Full benefits and salary rank during probation
- Insurances as per Vietnamese labor law and premium health care for you and your family without seniority are compulsory
- Performance bonus up to 2 months
- 13th month salary pro-rata
- 15-day annual leave+ 3-day sick leave + 1 birthday leave + 1 Christmas leave
- SMART goals and clear career opportunities (technical seminar, conference, and career talk) – we focus on your development
- Values-driven, international working environment, and agile culture
- Overseas travel opportunities for training and working-related
- Internal Hackathons and company events (team building, coffee run, blue card…)
- Work-life balance 40-hr per week from Mon to Fri