Are you a technical scrum master that can still code and test when your team requires it? Do you have an experience in product development and a desire to build high-performing teams? If so read on.
About our Team
Our team is responsible for creating a brand of new digital financial platforms and apps that are highly reliable and scalable using modern engineering practices. You will be joining a project which talented software engineers in our Digital Bank Build team who is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the new digital banking platform and the customer channels. As part of the team, you will be responsible for implementing software features, involve in technical designs, and writing tests to ensure the high-quality delivery of the product. The teams operate in Scrum and DevOps models.
We’re looking for top engineers out there! During the interview process, we will test your coding and design skills to assess your experience and depth of knowledge. Don’t worry our interview process will be fun!
What is the role?
We are looking for an experienced and versatile Technical Scrum Master who will be responsible for building a new scrum team for the delivery of one of our new fintech products.
Technical Scrum Master’s critical responsibility is for the team and for optimal flow of work to DONE. Scrum Masters are expected to do this by setting the pace for delivery and being proactive in planning and forecasting upcoming deliverables. To be successful in the role you should demonstrate pragmatism in your approach and be sensitive to the environment that we operate in, using your skills and knowledge to appropriately influence the delivery approach.
We are seeking a motivated individual with:
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills. (Mandatory)
- Foster an open, honest and transparent relationship with key stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and facilitation, coaching, and mentorship skills
- Strong stakeholder management and communications experience
- Strong ability to influence cross-functional teams and leadership
- Demonstrate assertiveness, being the voice of reason and authority
- Must be enthusiastic and bring high energy to the delivery team
- Responsible for continuous delivery and management of technical debt
- Previous experience leading small teams while still being hands-on
What does the role require?
- At least 2+ years of recent experience as a Scrum Master.
- Accountable for the quality of agile ceremonies including daily scrums, sprint planning, showcases, and retrospectives
- Ability to provide constructive and timely feedback to delivery team members and stakeholders
- Conflict resolution within/between the delivery team and stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate priorities and timelines with stakeholders
- Setting the pace/cadence for delivery and motivating teams to succeed
- Ensuring the delivery team commits to their definition of done
- Visual representation and management of work in the sprint e.g. card walls and burn-up charts
- Management of Master Story List (MSL), ensuring it is adequately maintained, stories are up to date and ready to play into a sprint
Knowledge of at least 3 of the following areas:
- Mobile: iOS or Android
- Microsoft .Net (C#, ASP, Framework), SQL Server
- Quality Assurance, Automation Testing
- Web Security, OWASP
- Java, Oracle
- DevOps, Continuous Delivery